Having a piano lesson online via Zoom is not much different form having a piano lesson in person. I can see and hear you just as I would in person. I can demonstrate for you, offer advice and instruction just as I would in person.
All you need is a computer or tablet, internet with sufficient bandwidth, a quiet space in your home and a piano or keyboard.
The advantages of learning by Zoom –
- You do not have to live near me
- No travelling costs or time spent travelling
- Easy to set up and not much technical knowledge required
- You learn in the comfort of your own home or your own instrument
- You can be anywhere in the world
- You can practise straight after the lesson
- A study of online piano lessons showed that students generally spend 22% more time playing compared to face-to-face lessons.
- The same study showed that students also tend to spend 36% less time talking about things unrelated to their studies in online piano lessons compared to face-to-face lessons
- You don’t need to worry about cancelling a lesson if you are a little unwell, as they you can have lessons from the comfort of your own home.